Wednesday 23 February 2011

Is Massa Back?

The 2008 world champion, for a couple of corners atleast, hasn't look quiet the same since his near fatal accident in Hungry 2009.

On Monday afternoon 23rd of Feb, will this be a turning point in Felipe Massa’s Formula 1 career.

He set a time in testing, late in the day over a second quicker than anyone else had managed, with a stunning lap, back in the Ferrari pit garage the Brazilian climbed out of the F150th, removed his helmet, he sported the biggest grin in Spain.

Speaking to Estadao after the event “I can feel the car now and I know what I can get out of it. I am confident.”, Massa's confidence is appearing to grow, the flurry of super quick laps in the final hours of testing at Circuit de Catalunya were the catalyst he needed to reassure himself, and a statement to the world that he deserves his Ferrari seat.

Massa attributed his change in confidence in the new tyres, stating “Last year I arrived at a track and I tried everything but could not get the best out of the car because the tyres [Bridgestone] were very hard. There was no way to be happy. And happiness at work is very important, especially in this kind of work. It was hard going to a race knowing that my efforts were in vain. Now, after the first test with new tyres [Pirelli] it took three laps to change everything.”

Is the the 2011 world champion, only time will tell.



Follow me on twitter @darrenmsviews

No comments:

Post a Comment